Monday, March 24, 2008

Mon 3.24 0000 hours

As you can see, not much except position has changed. We had hoped to get in a little help from a favorable current by now. Not much sailing today, but we burned up some diesel.

As it got dark, Paula and I were sitting up on deck enjoying the remnants of a cool breeze. I pointed out that there were some green birds that favored one side of the boat and some red ones circling the other side. That trick didn't work later with Richard when I used it on him either. When I did a round of the deck upon taking watch, I did note why they were around us tho. I found about 8 of them hitching a ride out on the bowsprit. They look like cool medium sized terns. They weren't too bothered by my need to snug up the forward staysail a bit(the cleat is right up there very close to them). I didn't bother them. I'll probably have to wash off the sprit tomorrow.

According to the current nav guy (me), It looks like we are 190 miles out from Huatalco and are looking at 510 to Costa Rica.

No comments: