Wednesday, March 5, 2008

And so it begins.


Ready or not the day has come. If all goes according to schedule, tonight Paula and I are on a red-eye out of LAX and headed down to meet up with Astor once again. I have been buttoning up things for the last couple of months as best as I can, and trying to predict the odd things that might come up, but it's time to go.

Some of you might know P and I helped crew her down to PV over the xmas/nyear weeks. It was a great trip, but tough. The boat has hopped south a couple of times since and mostly enjoyed the mexican coast but it is time to head south a bit more. The plan description is billed as a few overnight jumps, a few stops along the way(I've heard that before), and eventually ending up in Costa Rica . That is about another 1000 miles.

When out in open water, I'll be sending in updates via HF radio uplink from time to time and my assistant will post them here and maybe even mailing raw copies to assorted people. When in port and I get wifi access I will upload pics and do a few updates from the field. I'm not sure which accounts I will have access to- so for now you can send messages to [prestoffcenter@gmail.com] and it should find way to the boat. This may change as I try different things.

Enjoy the logs. Feel free to comment here, and even send notes out our way. We like mail. No spam, or long winded jokes tho. Images will get filtered out in the radio mail system.

Off to find the edge...
Arrrrrrgh.

B

4 comments:

shoo said...

Very cool. Look forward to seeing the posts.

flyingvan said...

Bon Voyage. I still say liquidate everything and make that your life

Tina said...

You certainly look comfortable at the helm...

Have a great trip!

:)

Anonymous said...

I dig the staunch erect posture, but you really have to have a captain Bligh hat!!!

DW