Thursday, March 6, 2008

A start with style


What started out as a very busy day turned into a flawless transit from a to b. From gettng out the door a bit late, we got to the airport with just barely enough time to get thru the LAX check-in procedures ONLY if everything went perfect. It did. It might have also been the fact that there were minimum crowds because it was midnight. The boarding was non-event and the flight was a bit rough because those seats were not designed for the sleepy in mind. I think I'll have to write a memo.

The stopover in Mex City went off without a problem. We managed a quick breakfast before boarding the next plane without problems, off the plane and thru customs was a breeze, straight to a waiting taxi and a quick tour through the very clean surrounds of Acapulco over to the 'yachtie' parts of the city. The only glitch that caught up to us was that our driver did not know exactly where the "Club de Yates" was located and tried to drop us off at the cruise ship docks. We drove down the road a bit farther and spied Astor sitting on her mooring (not too difficult to spot tho). We got out at the fishing village and figured I'd talk my way onto a ponga. I was led directly to a very friendly local named Vicete who was very familiar with the boat because he owns the can Astor was on. He was waiting for me. He has been the personal Astor ambassador since they have been down here.

Can you believe the luck?

I sit here enjoying a very pleasant breeze, poolside at an awesome yacht club tapping out an update.

Very nice, but I didn't come all this way to play on a computer.

(I was going to upload some pics, but I seemed to have left my card reader in another bag. I'll post later when I find it.)

3 comments:

Tina said...

Beautiful. I'm looking forward to vicariously travelling along with you & Paula on your trip!

I'm glad you're blogging.

Whee!!

Anonymous said...

wow <--- iseem to be overobsessive about that word but sounds like a great start! i love smooth trips...like i said stay safe and have lots o fun! i may be a sailor but i havent dont anything like that quite yet love renee

flyingvan said...

I wanna go!!!