Sunday, November 14, 2010

It was Sunday

Yesterday I posted with *just* enough time to prepare for the evening event. I dove into the galley and whipped up a one-pot wonder of red beans and rice(with a chopped up sausage) for my contribution into the "pot-luck" event. I changed my shirt just as it was finishing up and it turned out perfect. Turns out that one of the others made almost exactly the same thing! It was pretty funny and at least everybody had enough to go around(it was good). The night rolled into a karaoki event and was pretty fun. There were actually some really good voices there but most of those vids are best left for personal memories and not brought up ever again. No, I wasn't NEAR drunk enough to take the mic. (We'll see about next week)

I was followed home from the "Oasis" by a rather cute brunette named Lulu. She was bold, and in quite a flirty mood. She came aboard without permission and roamed around deck for a while. I stepped her to the dock a couple of times but really wanted company and had no problems hopping back aboard. I had to draw the line when she wanted below and this time I scooped her up and walked her back to the end of the dock. She was not amused, and I left her sitting there silhouetted by the light just like a Bogart movie. Yes- I should have been a better host, but I didn't want any trouble. By chance we passed on the path the next morning and she didn't want anything to do with me and ran off. Sheesh. Females.... I got the feeling she only wanted my leftovers anyway. (She was quite fond of a good scratch behind the ears)

I poked my head out from the hatch this morning and was greeted by some fairly ugly dark clouds that looked like they were headed my way. Instead of the big projects I was prepping for, I gathered up the various clutter off the decks, snugged up the dock lines and prepared for a little downpour. It blew pretty good, I could see rain around me, but never got me wet here. Instead, I spent the day on little projects around the boat, caught up on the winches, and spend the afternoon watching the world from behind a book and a rummer.

WTH, it's Sunday. We'll see what it looks like tomorrow.

1 comment:

flyingvan said...

Can't believe how much you're willing to step up for people in need. Traveling halfway around the world to boat sit. Looks and sounds like horrible duty.