Sunday, December 21, 2008

White for Christmas?

I can't believe you other locals haven't blogged onto this yet...
Ok- so maybe it's not a big deal to those of you up North, or to those of you in the hills down South... but for us here in the OC (at least to me) it's still kinda neat.

Last week we got into quite a cold snap. It also rained quite a bit too. Science agreed with nature this time around and placed a nice coat of snow on Mt. Baldy and (even more rare) covered Saddleback quite a bit too. The temps have been cold enough all week so the snow is still quite low today.

Last I looked more rain is expected here tomorrow (Monday) and as an added bonus another system possibly in for Christmas. That should make a neat holiday for those with reservations in a remote mountain cabin (might not be good to be locked up too long with the inlaws tho). This is great news for the mountain communities that are reliant on the tourist industry and I could only imagine how happy the ski resorts are about this.

I just appreciate the view and I hope others can slow down a bit to take it in too.

Merry Christmas everybody!

3 comments:

- Rob said...

I took a picture of Saddleback from work but not have time to put it on the blog yet. I have only seen the snow lower than it is now once, and that was around 15 years ago!

Tina said...

Very pretty.

Our forecast for Christmas Day is snow, although the weather people have been pretty wrong lately - lol.

The weatherman from Eugene came down and visited Connor's school last week, and Connor got his autograph (not sure why), and I threatened to tear it up when we didn't get our snow days as promised!! But I relented since we had a delayed start on Friday :)

Good job on your photos. Very nice & clear :)

flyingvan said...

I'm hoping for a brown Christmas or one sooo white it closes the roads. The tourist traffic is a nightmare!!!! I need a flamethrower