Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Out of El Sal

Tuesday 4.1 1200hrs

13 07.06N - 88 17.20W

cse 84 - 6.5kts - wind 8.4 NE - #3 jib - staysails - main - Sailing

It is a wonderful day to get started. We dumped the mooring and left Barillas Marina this morning, motored 2 hours to get out, but set sails on calm seas and heading south once again.

Our target for the day is Punta Ampala. It is a small point down the coast about 28 miles. It offers a bit of protection for the average sea and normal breeze but not much more. We'll see what the day shapes up to be, and what it looks like. There are others we can duck into if things go bad. Otherwise we might just keep sailing. We can't go ashore anyways because we officially checked out from ElSal, and we don't need to check in for anything new. We are all good to go.

1 comment:

flyingvan said...

Well, it's 34 degrees out, and 76 in (I'm trying to bake off Annamarie's jacket but no luck so far) the floor doesn't move and I have to go back to work. In front of the compaq with a Knob Creek (Kentucky bourbon) I wish I were there with you
maybe someday when I realize how unimportant I really am to the city of San Diego I can join you