Thursday, July 12, 2012

Some views

I only have a quick moment to upload some pics and hit the bunk. Days are very busy right now and much is going on. I had a brief moment to walk around the marina and take a few more pics of my immediate surrounds.

This is the backside of the rock. Watching closely during the day I can see vans heading up a tight twisty road and there is also a cablecar going up this side. That zigzag in this pic I thought were the steps, but might only be a wall. I'll go find out when I get time.
Another view of our quiet little marina. The keen eye might be able to find Astor's sticks.
The housing styles are quite a mix of new and old. Ancient military installations are still everywhere and part of the daily commute.
These things are placed right out on the seawall. A daring move that our coastal commission would probably have never let happen. They are actually quite functional as a wind break and protect the boats quite a bit.
    The tiny little marina entrance and we are a quick right turn once in. I guess it was a tricky move for an 85 ft schooner. Outside are scores of tankers and freighters waiting to offload somewhere around here.
But the view I have been actually summoned here for. This old beast has been in it's bed for about 20 years and will be wiggled out here shortly. THIS should be interesting...  The new one has yet to be delivered(supposed to be last week) and nobody seems to know where it is at the moment. Near as we know it is between here and Germany. I may have to call on some friends that know how to cuss in German for us.

2 comments:

flyingvan said...

How many horsepower is the motor? Is the new one the same specs?

Unknown said...

I think he said the old one is about 165 and the new one is about 180 but also has higher torque and lower RPM. He is expecting a pitch change on the prop to compensate. Luckily he has a variable pitch prop that we need to change. I keep asking who is this "we" kid that keeps popping up in the job description?